Community Supported Agriculture
This page is under construction
As a companion to CSA mini-schools, CSA-MI produced a training manual for new CSA producers. Chapter downloads are available here:
- Forward, Introduction and Table of Contents
- Chapter One: Share Types and Pricing
- Chapter Two: The CSA Farm Member
- Chapter Three: Communicate!
- Chapter Four: Planting for the CSA
- Chapter Five: Distribution
- Chapter Six: Mixing Markets with the CSA
- Chapter Seven: The Business of CSA [while this chapter downplays the advantages of forming a LLC, more recent information suggests that it is a very cost effective way to set up a business and separate personal and business liability.]
- Chapter Eight: Some Odds and Ends
- Appendix A: Definitions
- Appendix B: Surveying Community
- Appendix C: Resources [this was created in 2007 and while still relevant, it is not up to date]
- Appendix D: Is CSA Right for You?
- Appendix E: Planting Guides
Please feel free to download or excerpt for personal or educational use.
CSA Budget Worksheets, Production Spreadsheets, Record Keeping (from University of Vermont Extension)
The Guide to Financing the CSA Farm (from University of Vermont)